An overbed table is a versatile piece of furniture that can be used in a variety of settings, including hospitals, nursing homes, and homes. Although called an Overbed Table, and many are just designed to be wheeled in over a bed, Cobalt Health’s overbed tables are also suitable for use around most chairs, including larger recliner chairs.
There are many advantages to using an overbed table. Here are a few of the most notable:
- Increased convenience: An overbed table can help to make everyday tasks more convenient for people who are bedridden or have limited mobility. For example, it can be used to hold food and drinks so that people do not have to get up to get them. It can also be used to hold books, magazines, and other personal belongings so that people do not have to reach for them.
- Reduced risk of falls: An overbed table can help to reduce the risk of falls by providing a stable surface to place items on. This is especially important for people who are at risk of falls, such as older adults or people with disabilities.
- Improved comfort: An overbed table can help to improve comfort by providing a surface to rest on. This can be helpful for people who have to spend a lot of time in bed, such as people who are recovering from surgery or an injury.
- Increased independence: An overbed table can help to increase independence by allowing people to do more for themselves. For example, it can be used to eat meals, read books, and even work on a computer. This can help people to feel more in control of their lives and to reduce their reliance on others.
If you are looking for a way to make your life easier and more comfortable, an overbed table may be a good option for you. They are available in a variety of sizes and styles to fit your needs, and they are relatively affordable. If you are unsure whether an overbed table is right for you, talk to your doctor or a healthcare professional. They can help you to determine if an overbed table is a good fit for your needs and can recommend a specific model.
Here are some additional tips for choosing an overbed table:
- Consider the size of your bed: Make sure to choose an overbed table that is the right size for your bed. The table should be wide enough to accommodate all of the items you need to store on it, and it should be tall enough so that you can reach the items without having to strain.
- Consider the features you want: There are a variety of overbed tables available with different features. Some tables have lockable wheels so that they can be easily moved around and then set in position, some have tilt tops with magazine holders so they can balance a magazine or tablet at an angle without it slipping off.
- Consider the adjustment mechanism – spring or gas? Most overbed tables are height adjustable using either a gas or a spring mechanism. Spring mechanisms tend to be less costly than a gas mechanism, but can be harder to adjust and have slightly less precision in adjustment than a gas mechanism, particularly if the table has heavy items such as books on it. Gas mechanisms are easier to adjust into more positions, but tend to cost more.
- Buy from a reputable dealer: When you are ready to buy an overbed table, make sure to buy from a reputable dealer. This will ensure that you are getting a quality product and that you will receive good customer service if you need it.